Family is at the heart of everything we do at Neal Family Vineyards.
We launch our Legend Membership to a small group of people who we recognize as honorary members of our family. Becoming a Neal Legend represents something more to us than just a membership. It’s a deep and extended gratitude to those who continually support our family winery, vineyards and farming methods.
In 1997, Mark Neal started digging caves into the mountainside of his Howell Mountain Estate property to fulfill his family’s dream of having a winery. With a legacy as long-time Napa Valley farmers and stewards of the land, this was the beginning of an exciting new chapter for the Neal family. Mark selected grapes from the Rutherford property he grew up on and his newly planted Howell Mountain vineyard to create his first special cuvée – 1998 Neal Family Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon.
Fast forward 20 vintages later . . .
The legacy continues to evolve and elevate. We feel fortunate & honored to release our 2018 vintage with 100% Certified Organic Cabernet Sauvignon, as it’s always been. Mark continues to farm his own vineyards, along with those of 92 other wineries, through the vineyard management company he started with his dad in 1968, Jack Neal & Son, Inc. Mark is one of the many Legends, who has made Napa Valley what it is today.
Single Vineyard Legends
The Legend Membership is an exclusive opportunity to purchase our limited production wines in addition to special
Member Pricing on select wines, Private Early Releases and other exciting perks!
LEGEND MEMBERSHIP CLOSES SEPTEMBER 30.
Introducing Black Label
EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ONLY TO
Our 20th Anniversary Release
2018 Howell Mountain Estate “Black Label” Cabernet Sauvignon
Legend Price $130
List Price: $145
Legend Membership: Min. 3 bottles, Max. 6 bottles
124 cases produced
Our Howell Mountain property has 12 acres of planted Cabernet Sauvignon with 8 different “blocks”. Each block of vineyard is picked and made into wine separately and exhibits its own uniqueness. This is due to each sitting on different profiles of volcanic soil, row orientation to the sun, and most importantly, the various clones of Cabernet hand selected by Mark. One block in particular has always been Mark’s favorite: Block 7. This section of vineyard is up behind the winery, above the underground caves. It is located at the highest elevation of the property and faces the morning sun. This block represents the “best of the best” and comprises our “Black Label” wine.
"Howell Mountains’ Greatest Hits Vol. I”
“Still youthful, the immense concentration of the palate exhibits a steely, mineral quality reminiscent of wet stone. Red cherry, cranberry, mocha and cedar reveal themselves initially; clearly there is a lot more to come. The finish is tight and tense alluding to the long life ahead for this petulant beauty.”
LEGEND MEMBERSHIP WINES
2018 Howell Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Legend Price $90
List Price: $110
Legend Membership: 12 bottles
698 cases produced
Our Howell Mountain Estate is a clonal blend from our home property. Beautifully aromatic, this wine shows elevated fruit notes with a floral aspect, complemented with licorice, anise, chocolate and a pleasing touch of orange zest. Dense and concentrated this wine is a powerhouse of fruit and tannin built for the ages. Flavors carry on from the aromatics with elements like chocolate, tar and nutmeg carrying on through to the dry finish. One for the cellar.
LEGEND MEMBERSHIP: $1,470 (shipping & tax not included)
3 bottles of 2018 Howell Mountain Estate “Black Label” Cabernet Sauvignon
12 bottles of 2018 Howell Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
Exclusive access to new releases
Member pricing on select wines
*This is a one-time annual membership payment of $1,470 with 3 shipping dates.
OTHER OFFERS FOR LEGEND MEMBERS
Private Early Release for 2022 & Member Pricing
St. Helena Collection – 3 pack
Legend Price: $200
List Price: $250
- The 2018 Howell Mountain Estate “Black Label” Cabernet Sauvignon is Member Exclusive to the Legends.
- Member Pricing on the Black Label and 2018 Howell Mountain Estate Cabernet Sauvignon. Additional purchases of these wines are also at the Member Price while wines are available as a current release.
- Private Early Release on Limited Availability wines. This is invaluable to our loyal Members because our Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon is very limited in production for 2018 (560 cases), 2019 (1,100 cases) and 2020 (0 cases) versus an average of 2,500+ cases per year normally. This is due to the re-development of our Napa Valley producing vineyards, in addition to the fires/smoke taint resulting in no vintage for 2020.
- Option to purchase the 2018 & 2019 Napa Cabernet Sauvignon before the general public due to its limited availability.
- Member Pricing on our One & Only Collection currently, in addition to Private Early Release access & Member Pricing for 2022 releases.
- Private Early Release to our first ever Pinot Noir to be released fall 2022, in very limited quantities.
Terms & Conditions
- Annual Membership begins upon date of sign-up
- Legend Membership shipping dates: November 1st, 2021, February 7th 2022, April 4th, 2022
- Tax and Shipping to be calculated at time of shipment
- Shipping dates & wines are subject to change, based on weather conditions and wine availability
- One & Only wines are always available for purchase with the rest of the store wines with no quantity limit
- Credit card to be processed two weeks prior to shipping
- Two email reminders to be sent: 2 weeks prior to shipping and 2 days prior to shipping
- Wine selections will change annually
- Membership may be cancelled at anytime prior to the two week deadline for shipping
If you already have an account with Neal Family Vineyards and have forgotten the password, or have any other issues signing up, please email us at Jessica@nealvineyards.com.